The RNLI had a display at the GGF which featured a 42' Watson lifeboat. The boat, named J W Archer, had been based at Wicklow in the Irish Republic from 1956 until 1987. After retirement it was refurbished and moved to the GGF where McAllisters of Dumbarton placed her ashore. After the festival finished McAllisters removed her and she was sold by the RNLI to a private owner who moved her to Porth Penrhyn. Her current owner keeps her in original condition and she regularly visits events in the UK and Eire for RNLI fundraising purposes.